Monday, December 19, 2011

Sometimes it is nice to have a boy in the house

This morning, as I was picking up some books that fell behind the couch, I noticed a dead cricket. We don't have cute brown crickets around here, like the ones in ND, the crickets in VA are really gross looking and as far as I know, don't chirp. Thank God they are quiet at least. I did see this cricket (hopefully it is the same one), last week and I tried to kill/catch it with some Clorox disinfecting spray and an empty spaghetti sauce jar (you know, spray it and hopefully keep it from jumping, so you can quick stick a jar on it, so you don't have to smash it. I hate the crunching of bugs. Crunchy bugs usually get caught and released outside.), but it hopped into the Christmas tree and I couldn't get it. Yes, surprisingly I have used the Clorox disinfecting spray and spaghetti sauce jar method recently and it worked, but not on this cricket, so I have been wondering when I would see it again. As I was saying, I found said cricket crispy behind the couch today and had plans to pick it up, but I had to feed the babies, so it was just going to have to wait.

Fast forward to this afternoon. Bubba spit up on himself and me, so I went up stairs to change his diaper and clothes and put him down for his nap, when I hear Monkey say, "Mom, Belly is behind the couch!" This girl (Belly) is not crawling on her hands and knees, but she can do a mean Army crawl and get anywhere she wants to go. Immediately, I think "Great, the dead, crispy cricket is still back there and my almost 9 month old baby girl is going to eat it." I am in the middle of changing a dirty diaper, so I yell downstairs, "There is a dead cricket back there, please try to keep her from eating it!" Then I hear Monkey say, "Bear there is a dead cricket back here." and the next thing I know Bear is upstairs saying, "Look what I found Mommy!", with a dead cricket in his fingers and a big smile on his face. Sometimes it is nice to have a boy in the house to keep your baby girl from chewing on a cricket.

1 comment:

  1. I'm only laughing at this post because I can sooo appreciate it. With 3 boys myself, I've been there. Mine tend to go after lizards and other disgusting creatures that I would never dream of handling with my bare hands.

    On a side note, make sure to check his pants pockets before you do the laundry...heehee!!

    BTW, thank you for your comment on my blog post from last week. It's always nice to "meet" other moms of multiple multiples! Please feel free to e-mail me any time you need support, encouragement or just a friendly ear!

    ReplyDelete